Life is a Song Worth Singing
1) Functioning Church Members (I Corinthians 12)
- Because I am a member of the body of Christ, I must be a functioning member, whether I am an “eye,” an “ear,” or a “hand.” As a functioning member, I will give. I will serve. I will minister. I will evangelize. I will study. I will seek to be a blessing to others. I will remember that “if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it” (1cor. 12:26).
2) Unifying Church Members (I Corinthians 12)
- I will seek to be a source of unity in my church. I know there are no perfect pastors, staff, officers, or other church members. But neither am I. I will not be a source of gossip or dissension. One of my greatest contributions I can make is to do all I can in God’s power to help keep the church in unity for the sake of the gospel.
3) Loving Church Members (I Corinthians 13)
- This membership Is a gift. When I received the free gift of salvation through Jesus Christ, I became a part of the body of Christ. I soon thereafter identified with a local body and was baptized. And now I am humbled and honored to serve and to love others in our church. I pray that I will never take my membership for granted, but see it as a gift and an opportunity to serve others and to be a part of something so much greater than any one person or member.
July 2, 2017 "Members Only" 1 Corinthians 12:1-12
July 9, 2017 "Only the Strong Survive" Joshua 1:1-9
July 16, 2017 "Love Don't Love Nobody" 1 Corinthians 13